Please join us in congratulating Dr. Kenneth Chapman for once again being named by Super Doctors® as one of the top doctors in NYC for 2015. Also, congratulations to Dr. Kiran Patel, Dr. Keyvan Jahanbakhsh and Dr. Cameron Marshall who were all named 2015 Super Doctors® Rising Stars! Approximately 5% of the physicians within the region are named to Super Doctors® and no more than 2.5% are named to the Rising Stars list.
ABOUT SUPER DOCTORS® 2015
Inclusion in the Super Doctors® list is a multistage process. First, the research team compiles a list of peer nominations. To determine the most outstanding practitioners, they ask doctors, “Who would you choose if you needed medical treatment for yourself?” The research team also compiles a list of its own candidates. For inclusion on the list, doctors must demonstrate excellence in 10 different categories. These include:
- Hospital appointments
- Academic achievements or positions
- Professional outreach and activities
- Publications and speaking engagements
- Additional accomplishments
Qualified doctors undergo a rigorous review and are ranked according to a points system. Only doctors with a high number of points can be included on the Super Doctors® list.
The selection process for Rising Stars and for Super Doctors are the same except:
- To be eligible for inclusion in Rising Stars, candidates must be active physicians who have been fully-licensed to practice for approximately 10 years or less.
- A nominee’s accomplishments do not include years of experience.